As a quick reference, MONA has developed three categories for frequently asked Continuing Education Questions:
General Questions - Include:
- How do I apply for nursing contact hours through MONA?
- What is the process an applicant goes through to receive nursing contact hours for an activity?
- What is the ANCC COA?
Single Education Activity Questions - Include:
- Who is eligible to apply for MONA approval for education activities?
- What is the difference between a contact hour and CE unit? Are they the same?
- Under the old criteria, we only had to document three hours of our seven-hour course. Is the new criterion stating that we now have to document all seven hours?
Approved Provider Questions - Include:
- How will participants know that an education activity has been awarded contact hours approved by the Missouri Nurses Association?
- My agency recently received provider approval. Several area-nursing organizations have asked us to approve their programs for contact hours. Is this acceptable?
All continuing education questions should be addressed to Sara Fry, Continuing Education Coordinator, by email or phone 573-636-4623, x102.