Stay Informed: Publications That Keep You Current
- Free subscription to The American Nurse - a $20 value.
- Free subscription to American Nurse Today - a $18.95 value.
- Free online access to the OJIN - The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing.
- Free subscription to The Missouri Nurse.
- Free access to ANA's informative listservs including Capitol Update and Members Insider.
- Free access to the Missouri Nurses Association's APRN Discussion Group - provides a means to communicate legislative activity concerning nursing issues relative to APRNs, share clinical information and educational program information, and communicate on practice issues related to APRNs. Sign Up Today
- Free access to the Missouri Nurses Association's MORNIN email list - The fastest most convenient way to receive timely updates on important and relevant issues impacting you and the nursing community. Sign Up Today
- The Missouri Nurses Association's Legislative Bulletins - Notification via email through the Missouri Nurses Association's email list of important issues requiring immediate action, i.e. contacting your local legislators or information on newly adopted or implemented legislation.
- Access to members only information on the Missouri Nurses Association's & the American Nurses Association's (ANA) websites.
Promote Yourself: Professional Development Tools and Opportunities
- Dedicated to the profession and community, the Missouri Nurses Association's Career Center is a valuable search and recruitment resource for nurses and health care employers in Missouri. The Missouri Nurses Association's Career Center offers simple and easy-to-use tools to make searching for career opportunities and finding qualified professionals fast, efficient and successful.
- Members save up to $150 on certification through ANCC.
- Online continuing education available at a discount or free to members.
- Conferences and educational events at the national and local level offered at a discount to members.
- Member discounts on nursesbooks.org - ANA's publications arm.
- Earn free online CE credit for nurses from AHRQ - the Missouri Nurses Association is a Member of the AHRQ National Partnership Network
Influence Decisions: Becoming Involved
- ENGAGE in Advocacy, join the Missouri Nurses Association's online legislative action center.
- Join one of the many committees and boards at the national, state, and local level that are shaping the direction of the association and the profession.
- Participate in member surveys allowing you to influence the association’s agenda.
Be Heard: Advocating for Nurses Where it Matters
- Federal lobbying on issues important to nursing and health care - issues such as safe staffing, nursing workforce development, overtime pay, and access to care.
- State lobbying through the Missouri Nurses Association and nationwide state legislative agenda on issues vital to your scope of practice.
- Representing nursing where it matters, including the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Labor, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and many others - right up to the White House.
- Speaking for nursing through the media including stories in the Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, USA Today, 60 Minutes, NBC Nightly News, CNN, and NPR to name a few.
- Speaking for US nurses as the only USA member of the International Council of Nurses and attending meetings of the World Health Organization.
Guide the Profession: Ensuring Nursing Quality and Safety
- Maintaining the Code of Ethics for Nurses which was first developed by ANA in 1926.
- ANA develops and publishes the Scope and Standards of Practice for Nursing and many of its specialties.
- Addressing workplace hazards such as back injuries, latex allergies, safe needles and workplace violence.
Financial & Insurance Service Benefits
- Professional Liability Insurance - Protect your career by purchasing your own coverage at a reasonable price.
- Find and compare plans and tailor one to your needs including: major medical, short term medical, group dental, and pet insurance, click here.
*These benefits are included with full membership. Not all benefits are included with state-only membership. Please contact the Missouri Nurses Association for more information.